8 Stupid Questions About Final Crisis #1
1. Okay, so for those of us who read Countdown and the Death of the Fourth World stuff, Lightray dies in Countdown 51, and everyone else dies over the next year, except for Orion who kills Darkseid. So every single one of the new gods is dead except for Orion, who is on the verge of death after killing his father. So when they find Orion in a dumpster, suddenly its deicide and the Alpha Lanterns show up and its a big deal? Does everyone already know that he died because of his fight with Darkseid? Investigating now has a little bit of a horse/barn door quality to it. Why wasn't Lightray a Code 1011?
2. Speaking of which, is it relevant that the "1011 in Progress" occurs on pages 10 and 11?
3. From consecutive panels: "But consider his youth, Prime Monitor Tahoteh!" and "We are multiversal monitors, ancient and wise!" How can the monitors be both all be "ancient," and different ages so that some are "youths"?
4. Is Weeja Dell the Smurfette monitor (the only female Monitor?) Is she the only female Monitor for the sole purpose of allowing them to have an inter-Monitor heterosexual love story?
5. So, I understand why The Human Flame (and the others) need Libra, but why, exactly, does Libra need the Human Flame?
6. So, is Anthro supposed to be Charlton Heston from Planet of the Apes or what?
7. "Justice League Condition Amber?"
8. Who's that guy on the last page?