Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Weird Conversation

Apropos of Nothing, except that a Sleestak post made me think of it, and all of my substantive posts are getting bogged down in my over-excitement over the use of my scanner:

Apparently, Sunday night my mother had a dream in which we had a phone conversation identical to an actual phone conversation that we really had on Sunday afternoon, but in which we spent an additional five minutes discussing how I had lost my cell phone, and where it could possibly be.

She called me yesterday to ask if I had found my cell phone yet, and there was much confusion that ensued, until I pointed out the inescapable fact that it was clear that during the REAL Sunday conversation I was sitting in the kids' section of Barnes & Noble with the Ragkids and hence, necessarily, on my cell phone.

Faced with this cognitive dissonance, my mother was forced to re-examine her day and realize that, in fact, she dreamed a conversation that exactly mimicked the real one, except for the cell phone issue.

Weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home